Dexta Rear Axle Bearing Retaining Collar

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
BillB
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta Rear Axle Bearing Retaining Collar

Post by BillB »

The inner and outer oil seals are available in the USA. The retaining collar is not available or I haven't found it.
I have found similar collars listed for older Ford tractors . What are the options? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

sky blue
True Blue

Re: Dexta Rear Axle Bearing Retaining Collar

Post by sky blue »

hi im sure that the collar and seals are the same as the m/f grey diesel tractor :oops: the
backaxels are the same as dexta , it would worth your while looking to get around it that way
regards sky blue

brownsmule
True Blue

Post by brownsmule »

Hello Valdese NC
I have a rear section for a Dexta that has the gears and one axle removed. Could I possibly have what you are looking for?
Sent a picture and I'll check to see if I have a collar or two. brownsmule in mooresville nc usa

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Not sure if this is possible but our local New Holland technicians meantion that instead of replacing the retainer collar take the axle to an engineering firm and get them to cut a thread on the axle shaft and use the same nut found on the later model axles. It sounded a good idea but are there any reasons why it cannot be done :?:

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Might try here.
waltstractors.com
UF53215 Axle Collar

UF53215 Axle Collar

Fits: Dexta, Super Dexta

Price: $21.95

BillB
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by BillB »

Thanks for all of your responses. I have ordered the seals and collar from Walts . After a discussion with a local
MF dealer, who is quite familiar with Dextas, I think one of the MF collars would also work. Thanks again for your
suggestions.

ol'Blue
True Blue

Post by ol'Blue »

That site you mentioned Bill, waltstractors, is a new one for me.... Well done.... I have enjoyed your contributions to this site, and seem to always learn a little from your posts.... Next time I am over in Pittsburgh (4hours) I would love to buy you a cold one.. (maybe check out your power steering setup) And if your ever over in Columbus the cold beverage offer stands.... :beer:

dave
1964 Super Dexta, ol'Blue

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Dave,
Thanks for the complement. :) I spent a lot of time searching for parts and prices and found some obscure suppliers.
Really like this site! Great info and people who are willing to share and help out. I've learned a
lot from just reading posts.

The power steering is still a work in progress. It works OK, but I'm still coming up with modifications to make it better. Hopefully I'll have it where I want it by spring. Tractor Is up at my place in the north about 100 miles from home (In the barn for the winter.) Heading up next week to put the new drag link we built on her. But I'll have it home as soon as the weather breaks.
I have a lot of landscaping to do here after putting a new foundation under the homeplace.
I'll acccept your offer on the cold one if I get to Columbus and offer you the same if you get to Pittsburgh :beer: