Dexta powered by a Perkins V8 engine!

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Stefan
True Blue

Dexta powered by a Perkins V8 engine!

Post by Stefan »

:shock: Found this Dexta in the Internet:

Click here.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is obscene Stefan :shock: Like seein an old friend growing an extra head! :stress:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Man, man, man. The things some folks do. Have you seen that exhaust? That's wide enough for me to crawl through!

The gearbox and rear axle of a Dexta weren't built to withstand that much power. It's useless.

Stefan
True Blue

Post by Stefan »

Oscar and Brian,

you're absolutely right ... but, it will make a good show to park her in front of an ice cream parlour on a nice summer evening to impress the ladys :wink:

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

I'm not against hotrodding, but I'd like this one a lot better if they had done a neater job.

Paul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Paul »

:( I'm sorry, but that to my mind is an absolute waste of a Dexta. Everything behind that behemoth engine is about to become trash. There is absolutely no way the power in that engine can be utilised, making the whole process of installing it a waste of time. What's next ? Wings and a periscope on a classic Porsche ?
I may sound like a slave to form and function, but jeez louise :shock: , why ?...why on earth would you do that ? Someone has too much money & too much time on their hands me thinks. :roll:
Make it Better for the next person and We all end up Better off.

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

funny how people like doing this kind of thing, round here are those who dress up their shiny 4WD Japanese utes with a snorkel as if they actually take them off-road. Always fancied sticking a snorkel on the side of a Mazda MX5 for a bit of satire!
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Guys
I agree with JC, about it looking a bit rough.
Now, if they had put that engine in a Major, and made a better job of it, and had it all in propertion. Wow.
You are all correct about it not being practical, but in the right location, would be good advertising.
Kiwi Kev
Last edited by Kiwi Kev on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I've said it before but the coolest hotrod based on a Major was the one I saw at the Rai Show in Amsterdam in the 1980's.

A Major fitted with a Rolls Royce Merlin from either a Spitfire or Lancaster. Only problem was it did not have a Live Clutch. :P
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
Probably just as well it did'nt have a live clutch.
Kiwi Kev

JC

Post by JC »

I saw a Merlin ( or maybe it was an Allison) V-12 in an International pickup. It didn't have a clutch at all. The driver would start it when he wanted to move and shut it off when he wanted to stop!