Little Blue Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
geekygrill
Not Quite Blue Yet

Little Blue Dexta

Post by geekygrill »

Hi guys

I've been viewing loads of posts on here for a few weeks, looking for inspiration, so I thank all of those who have posted pictures of their Dextas.

In light of this I thought I'd share with you my latest project....a little Dexta for my 3 year old son's Christmas present.

Its been 3 weeks in the making so far (evenings only as I have to go to work during the day, which is a really pain when you have a fun project on the go)

So...its electric, steel chassis, 2 motors - one driving each rear wheel. The bonnet/hood is MDF, but I will be attempting to make a fibreglass mould from it and then make a fibreglass bonnet... Its all just tacked together at the moment, ready to be stripped down, welded properly and sprayed in Tractol Ford Tractor Blue and Orange. Lots more details to be added, but you get the idea!

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Little Blue Dexta

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Wow, That looks great.:clap: :beer:
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

geekygrill
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by geekygrill »

Hi

I thought I should update....

I finally got it finished after a few other emergency jobs such as a kitchen installation and building a car for another little girl.

Our son, Oli, seems very happy with the results and wants to go play in the mud at the park tomorrow.
It does about 6mph, and will happily carry an adult.
I want to take a mould of the bonnet and make it in fibreglass instead of wood, as it will be more water proof and not so heartbreaking when he crashes it!

Painted in proper Fordson Tractol Blue, which is rather nice to work with. the rear wheels are Ford carnival red.

j.weel
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by j.weel »

very nice
where can I order