Paint

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
welderpaul
True Blue

Paint

Post by welderpaul »

I'm trying to keep my Dexta as near-original as possible.
When they came from the factory, were any parts unpainted or was everything just coated in blue/orange paint?
Having looked at literally thousands of pictures of Dextas over the last 2-3 years, i notice some areas (Fuel pump, lift pump, dynamo etc) seem to have been either left as bare aluminium or painted in a different colour.

Does anyone have a definitive answer? What does sales literature show? Stuff i've seen is not particularly clear.

Thanks all.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Paint

Post by Bensdexta »

As far as can be seen from my original brochures, everything was painted blue (or orange), certainly starter & dynamo as probably the fuel pump also, although I note that Stefan, ultimate guru on Dexta history, left his fuel pump bare metal (as I did). :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

when I found my super dexta everything was original and painted. guid new year from Scotland :beer:

russelm
True Blue

Post by russelm »

As with pretty much every item of plant I have ever encountered, they get painted from pretty much top to bottom.

On mine I have not painted certain parts e.g. fuel lines, fuel pump, hoses and a few others for the simple reason as to me, it looks better and they are items I have to get a spanner to (e.g. fuel lines to bleed the system etc).
Mark Russell - 1959 Standard Dexta - Work In Progress!