Warning Lights Red, Green, Left or Right.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Timeee
True Blue

Warning Lights Red, Green, Left or Right.

Post by Timeee »

Looking in my original Fordson Dexta Instruction Book just to check where each warning lamp should go has revealed an anomaly in the book. Page 6, Figure 2 clearly shows the Generator Warning Light on the left of the top dash and the Oil Pressure Warning Light on the right. Turn to Page 70, Figure 42, titled: "Removing Generator Warning Light Bulb" and it is shown on the right side of the top dash. Although not definitive, the wiring diagram indicates the "Oil" light on the right and the "Charging" light on the left.

So, is it red "Charging" light on the left, green "Oil" right, or is it red "Charging" light on the right, green "Oil" light on the left? Either way, the authors of the owners' book did not closely vet their publication. Tim E.

sky blue
True Blue

Re: Warning Lights Red, Green, Left or Right.

Post by sky blue »

different people will have a different location , some say oil light right
some say oil light left,i think it could be like the grill colour, me as long as they work correctly and do the job
they are intended to do i would,nt lose any sleep over it 8)

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The Ford/Fordson standard is Generator light on right, oil light on left. Think the artist made an error in the operators manual.

On the Dexta the lights can be moved but on the Super Major and '000nd series where the indicators are part of the instruments this is how they are laid out.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

trust grumpy Brian to be right again :clap: