super Dexta Dual clutch repair

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ianpdexta
True Blue

Re: super Dexta Dual clutch repair

Post by ianpdexta »

I have bought a new clutch which looks exactly the same as the one the pictures, thanks Dextrous. Mine also has the sheet metal parts included in the box, I thought they were some form of tab washer but they don't fit any of the bolt centres so presumably they are a supplier mistake?

However that leads me to the question of whether there should be any form of securing for hex screws other than spring washers. I have bought new spring washers (flat section type from Namrick) but I am still a little nervous about using them in case there are differnt in some way. The thought of things coming slack in there doesn't bear thinking about.

Regards

Ian

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

I can,t wait, as i'm thinking of ordering same one :beer:

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

As am I! Could somebody post some pictures of their new clutch? Is there anything different about it to the original?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

Hurry up, I'm thinking of ordering the same :buddies:

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

From the photographs, the only difference that I can see is that the pressure plate, Item 31 in the spares book, appears to have been machined from plate steel. Whilst the original pressure plate is a casting.

Checking the spares manual, the description for the six bolts securing the clutch to the adaptor ring and their spring washers, does not specify that they are special. So ordinary flat spring washers should suffice, use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts to the correct value.

Gerald

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

I agree, looks proper does that! Im going to order my clutch this week as I dont think its worth messing around with my old one.
Hopefully be running and driving by christmas :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!