WANTED: Gas (petrol) Dexta Wiring Schematic or Diagram

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
swhetsel
Not Quite Blue Yet

WANTED: Gas (petrol) Dexta Wiring Schematic or Diagram

Post by swhetsel »

Subject says it all.

I have a 1963 gas (petrol) Fordson Dexta (from everything I can read). It has Live PTO, splash shield on starter, and the aux gas (petrol) tank. It's a GREAT machine, but I would love to find an electrical diagram for it. I have searched the web and put together a nice collection of manuals. However, one thing that eluids me is the wiring diagram or schematic for the gas Dexta's. I have used the search button on both this forum, and the old one. I have done countless searches online, but all I can come up with are schematics for the diesel Dexta. If anyone has a lead on where I can obtain one, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS Where does everyone buy parts? I need a new proofmeter for the gas Dexta.
1964 Gas (Petrol) Fordson Dexta
Akron, OH USA

Timeee
True Blue

Re: WANTED: Gas (petrol) Dexta Wiring Schematic or Diagram

Post by Timeee »

Hi

I looked through my genuine Repair Manual thinking I had seen a diagram for a petrol one, but no. (I was obviously thinking about my B414 Manuals which cover their petrol/gas version). The only place I would have thought where there are petrol specific differences would be in the Users, or Owners Instruction book, where things like starting procedure would be quite different. The Diesel Dexta Instruction Book includes a wiring diagram, so I wonder if the petrol equivalent would too. There must be a specific repair manual for the petrol engine, unless just an engine supplement could be obtained.

Parts? Depends where you are. I have found Dunlop Tractors in N Ireland good for certain bits, but things like proofmeters (rev counters?)? Get a genuine 2nd hand one from someone breaking a tractor and have it (or your old one if you have one) restored by someone like Speedograph Richfield in Nottingham. Sadly, I have found the pattern part versions last about 20 minutes...if you are lucky. Most of the time, they don't even fit. Tim E

pjjms
True Blue

Post by pjjms »

Somebody distributed a petrol manual on here a couple of years ago. I have a copy, but I'm on the other side of the planet to my shed at the moment. Back in two weeks if you can wait?

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Pjjms, that was the one we got from Tubal Cain, I've had a quick look but it has no wiring diagram. At the end of the day, the wiring should basically the same as the diesel, but with an extra wire from the ignition switch to the coil, and the coil to the distributor, and the coil/plug leads. :eyes:
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Here is one I modified earlier! :D

Does not show the plugs etc. but it shows where the wires go from the ignition switch, otherwise it is the same as the diesel.

A rev counter will be like rocking horse manure as it is not the same as any diesel. I got mine from Australia.

Have you sent me the numbers from your tractor to add to the Petrol Dexta register? We are up to around 80 tractors now, all over the world but mainly in Australia.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

swhetsel
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by swhetsel »

Really sorry about the dealy in responding, I was on Vacation most of last month and away from a PC.

Anyway, thank you for all the info! I grabbed the wiring diagram from Brian and saved it to my PC.
PJJMS, I may have the one you speak of already but just in case I dont, I would love a copy when you get a chance.

I am still looking for some parts, but I know that most parts are directly compatible with the MF35, so I have gotten a few things that way.

Brian, I live in the North Eastern Ohio near Akron. (USA) I will get you the serials if I can later tonight. This one appears to have come from Canada, as it has a sticker from some dealer up there on it.
1964 Gas (Petrol) Fordson Dexta
Akron, OH USA