front end loader.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
cattleguy
Not Quite Blue Yet

front end loader.

Post by cattleguy »

I've seen videos of dexta based tractor's with front end loaders. Are dexta tractors interchangeable with the 8n/9n platform? I've yet to find a front end loader for a dexta (super dexta)

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: front end loader.

Post by Bensdexta »

cattleguy wrote:I've seen videos of dexta based tractor's with front end loaders. Are dexta tractors interchangeable with the 8n/9n platform? I've yet to find a front end loader for a dexta (super dexta)
In UK most Dexta FELs are Horndraulic - readily available 2nd hand & cheap. There's also the MIL loader. I can't comment on other countries.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Dextas will not interchange with 8N or9N. The framework is different. Although I have a Ford 19-97 loader on my Super Dexta, the mounting brackets were altered to fit. Not too hard if you have access to metal cutting tools and a welder.
My 62 Super

cattleguy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by cattleguy »

I wondered if 8n/9n would fit. I'm in the US

WayneB
True Blue

Post by WayneB »

I put a Wagner off a 8N on my Dexta. Nice, but too heavy within itself. Sold it to a happy buyer.
I now have a Great Bend # 666 to mount on one of my Super Dexta tractors.
It is a center frame mount and removeable, leaving only the frame. Great Bend was bought out by Bush Hog. Look at the current Bush hog 40 HP loaders and thats basically the GB 666.
It in the end, when I mount it will be a custom loader. I intend to put a joy-stick control and may even put a power steering kit I have on hand for Dextas'. All looks compatible.

Wayne

Note: I was looking for a Freeman loader to fit a ford, when I found this GB 666.
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

Power steering makes all the difference in the world! Got it on mine.