Removing pto lever

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Removing pto lever

Post by Nick »

Hi all. I have finally managed to get all other projects done to allow me to get to restoring my 1959 dexta (photos will follow) :D

I need to replace both the pto lever seal and clutch pedal bush, to do this though I need to remove the pto lever. There is what looks like a stub of threaded bar with a nut on it which needs to come out, I have undone the nut but cant get the rod out, is there something im missing or will it need to be heated?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

tom lad
True Blue

Re: Removing pto lever

Post by tom lad »

hi
do you mean the pinch bolt thingy that holds the lever on ?

I loosened the nut then tapped it out using the nut to protect the thread , if u understand me ? it is machined to not twist as u tighten the nut if u understand me
like a master spline
will make sense once its off.
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Yes thats the bit! I did wonder if it was tapped in, but didnt want to break anything!

Yep I see what you mean about protecting the thread, will give that a go.

Thanks mate! :D :D :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

koenr
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by koenr »

I did mine a few months ago. Don't forget to drain your rear axle when you get the 3 bolts of that hold the axle for the pto leaver :wink:
1960 Dexta

Ferdext
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Ferdext »

koenr wrote:I did mine a few months ago. Don't forget to drain your rear axle when you get the 3 bolts of that hold the axle for the pto leaver :wink:
If I understand correctly, I have no choice but to empty the differential oïl, and to open the little door "3 bolts" where is the axe of the clutch pedal and PTO, and then the assembly can be taken off ? ....and at once in hand, it will be easy to change the seal (where to find it), and the bushing (I alreadey have it).
Please tell me if it it the lone way, because I think it is impossible to change anything without taking out all the assembly !
Thank you for advise.
Gilles.