Restoration - some pictures

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ianpdexta
True Blue

Restoration - some pictures

Post by ianpdexta »

This is a little late coming, as this story started just over a year ago. Here is my Super Dexta as purchased and some of the work done so far.

Some holes in the front end.

As purchased except I have shot blasted the wheels and repainted + new tyres.

The fuel tank had been leaking for years, making a mess of the electrics but at least preventing rust in this area.

I tried to repair the tank with soft solder but found it wasn't the seam that was leaking, it was loads of tiny pin holes. Help from a previous post directed me to use "Slosh" which seems to have worked. Mind you I haven't put any diesel in it yet.

The dynamo was worse than I expected, the field winding had burned out and the armature didn't look too good either, I bought replacements for both and cleaned and painted the case.

Connections soldered to original terminals.

Bearing and spacers etc for pulley end.

Just helping the circlip to expand fully into its groove. The dynamo is assembled and tested. the regulator however is soaked in Diesel! I'll come to that later.

I have cleaned and sprayed a lot of parts but didn't have the camera out, blue finger prints on the camera would get me into trouble. I'll post some more when I can.

Regards

Ian

tom lad
True Blue

Re: Restoration - some pictures

Post by tom lad »

its good to share :beer:
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

Dextrous
True Blue

Re: Restoration - some pictures

Post by Dextrous »

Those wheels have come up well :D