Lifting and Weights

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
hiking bear
True Blue

Lifting and Weights

Post by hiking bear »

I have a sprayer that goes on the 3 point linkage. Empty the weight is approx. 250kgs. It takes 350 litres of water so total weight should be approx. 600 kilos. I need to assemble a front weight carrier. Has anybody lifted similar a similar weight and if so how much weight have they put on the front end? Also what sort of rear load can a dexta take without front weights?
1961 Dexta, 1957 FE35 and 1966 Eicher ES101 (of which im always looking for spares).

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Lifting and Weights

Post by Bensdexta »

600kgs is a lot on the 3PL. I think 500kg is the max handbook figure. Remember that lifting a heavy weight on the rear, up high will tend to destabilise the tractor - do know if you are working on slopes? Suggest you try it say with 200L to start with. You could fit a pair of front wheel weights, available for ~£50ish on ebay and easy to fit - might be enough to keep the nose down.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

hiking bear
True Blue

Post by hiking bear »

I read on the vintage tractor engineer site under Dexta data that the rear lift capacity is 1850 lbs which equates to 840 kilos? Is this incorrect??
1961 Dexta, 1957 FE35 and 1966 Eicher ES101 (of which im always looking for spares).

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

i use a mc connel back actor on my sd i think it is 700kg , it lifts it and imove around in
1st /low very slowly, ihave a frame made which bolts to front axel, and ihave 3- 56lb weights
hanging from this, hit a slope as ben says and she will lift the front, ido use the side brakes
to help steer her , i also have doubles on her for staibailty, :D

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

hiking bear wrote:I read on the vintage tractor engineer site under Dexta data that the rear lift capacity is 1850 lbs which equates to 840 kilos? Is this incorrect??
I read it the same as you.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Yes folks are correct (my bad!), in theory 800+kg on the 3PL ball-ends. Don't think I'll be trying it though!

Balance depends on rear overhang of implement.

See Brian on this topic some time ago!! :clap:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/ubb/F ... 01302.html
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!