Manual for brakes

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
agroman
True Blue

Manual for brakes

Post by agroman »

Hi
Does anyone have this section of the manual? I think I have all the other parts but cannot find a section on the braking system. Luckily its all very simple anyway. One question I had, relates to removal of the brake pedals from the cross shaft to replace the bushes. There is a pin on the inside pedal that needs to come out, only I am not sure if it just drives out as it doesn't want to budge. I could try some heat on it. Just wondering if anyone else had done the same.
1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some

PghBill
True Blue

Re: Manual for brakes

Post by PghBill »

Look at the top of the Fordson Dexta forum page.
Topics.
Click on.
Stefans Workshop Manual Link
Post by Brian » Wed May 23, 2012 5:13 am

Brakes are in first section

agroman
True Blue

Post by agroman »

Doh!
Thanks, couldn't see for looking!
Still interested if anyone has attempted to remove the pin that holds the brake pedals to the cross shaft, as I want to replace the bushes and get the pedals electro plated.
Looks like a cotter pin with a flat side against the shaft on one end of it. I assume that it drives from this side as the pin has a full round head on the other end. I have tried heat and a hammer / punch but no sign or feel of any movement. :cry:

Any ideas??
1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

These pins are very tight and I found that there was too much spring when trying to remove them on the bench. I ended up supporting the lever on a piece of pipe on the floor and driving the pin out using a suitable heavy punch and a 4lb club hammer.

Gerald