Engine adapter plate bolts

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Engine adapter plate bolts

Post by Nick »

Having stripped my dextas engine down pretty much to the bare bones, I want to mount it to my new engine stand to throughly clean before it goes to the engineering shop. Ive taken the adapter plate off the flywheel end of the engine and there were six very fine thread bolts holding it on, I need some bolts like these but longer to fix it to my engine stand.

Question is, does anyone know what size the thread is on these bolts?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Re: Engine adapter plate bolts

Post by Jerry Coles »

Hi Nick
Those bolts are UNF so any "bolt shop" should be able to supply them.
I used long bolts that went through the adapter plate and were then held by a nut with spacers.
It might be a good idea to acquire a selection of UNF and UNC bolts as you will find during your restoration that there are a few scruffy/chewed bolrts. (that doesn't include those bolts that you find when you have completed your restoration and can't remember where they went. :oops: :oops:
Cheers
Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi Jerry, thanks for the reply.

Im really starting to get into this project, its been at the back of my workshop awaiting its turn for a while!

I will have another look at whether I can mount it on my engine stand properly without buying bolts, but I agree, its always nice to have spares just incase.

The engine is being picked up by the engineering company this friday pm, so I have a bit to do yet!
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Nick
I made an adapter plate for my Dexta engine to fit onto a Clarke (Machine Mart) engine stand. You are welcome to borrow it.
I'm N Somerset so PM me for your location.
I think I have the bolts etc too!
Cheers
Jerry
PS PM'd you
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Jerry,
Can I please kindly ask you to post me the measurements of the adaptor plate you manufactured. Did you bolt it on using the 3/8ths treaded holes in the block, and were your bolts high tensile?
Regards Mervyn Spencer.