Front hub studs

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
agroman
True Blue

Front hub studs

Post by agroman »

Project is moving on - Now onto front axle.
Pivot pin / bush is badly worn. The rear hole of the axle carrier has worn badly so new pin is loose. I have got a local engineering co. to either replace the welded in bushing in the housing or machine this out and fit an intermediate bushing and make up some extra spacers for the pivot pin. I have a thick spacer at the front and a thin washer at the back but still loads of gap and float, made worse by ware in trunion ball and sockets. May also get them to add a greasing nipple for the pin in the axle. Has anyone fitted this and where did you add the nipple? and obviously some grooves in the bush or pin to move the grease laterally.

Also king pins are worn so will need to renew them, some new ones ordered from Agriline. Hope they fit ok into original axle stubs with new bushes fitted!
Hub bearings worn so replacing those again hope Agriline ones will fit original hubs. Found that Agriline wheel studs (I have a couple broken) do not fit the original hub. They are too big. So will get hub drilled slightly and then heat hub / freeze stud before refitting hopefully a tight fit will be enough to hold it tight instead of the usual splines on a wheel stud. Anyone else met this problem? Also stud is longer than originals, Not that this is a problem, but would look better if I can machine them off to the same length as the other originals.
1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some

Johnmcm
True Blue

Re: Front hub studs

Post by Johnmcm »

I bought the Kingpins and bushes from Agrilline. They fitted fine and the bushings did not need reaming :D
Hope you're taking pics.

agroman
True Blue

Re: Front hub studs

Post by agroman »

Have taken some pics, must take some more, thanks for reminding me. I will post some when there is a bit more to see!
1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some