fordson super dexta project

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
gruffydd
Not Quite Blue Yet

fordson super dexta project

Post by gruffydd »

i purchased a fordson super dexta the other day as a winter project i think it is a new performance but i would like to confirm this i have some codes off the tractor the flange on the left side of the tractor near the fuel filter reads 02c919262 the engine reads 163270 the injector pump reads p4696 it has also got a pickup hitch that has been modified with a swinging drawbar but i am not sure if this will work or not here are some photos of the tractor in its current state i will post more photos as i progress with it
Image[/img] Image[/img] Image[/img] Image Image[/img] Image[/img] Image[/img]
dexta 1958
super dexta 1962
super dexta NP
super major
fordson dexta with NP backend
fordson dexta live drive

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: fordson super dexta project

Post by Bensdexta »

BTW your no should start 09C... It should be new performance as they started from 09C916.., June 1963, according to the general pages on here.

Looks like you have quite a collection of oldies. :D
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

gruffydd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by gruffydd »

hi yes thats what it probably is ill have a look at the number again yes we have quite a few tractors about it keeps growing every year haha so far there`s two super dextas two standard live drive dextas a super major mf35x 35 grey gold and two te20s one diesel and one petrol tvo and a ford 7610 for the big jobs
dexta 1958
super dexta 1962
super dexta NP
super major
fordson dexta live drive

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Are they all in regular use? Which are your favourites?

gruffydd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by gruffydd »

they all work exept for the major which is a work in progress and the te20 tvo hasnt been run for a 'few' years my favourite is the dexta that is pulling the super dexta it never fails to start and everything is nice and tight on it i have a few videos of them on my youtube please check them out https://www.youtube.com/user/fordson2012/videos
dexta 1958
super dexta 1962
super dexta NP
super major
fordson dexta live drive

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Looks like a good project that one, wasn't it on ebay? What sort of condition is it in mechanically?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Thanks for the great vids - looks like your Dextas work for their living :wink:

I'm interested in your hay making kit - what mower & turner do you recommend for a standard dexta?

gruffydd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by gruffydd »

hi nick yes it was on ebay took the starter off and tried to turn it over and it had seized :cry: but i dont think it is badly seized he said it ran when he parked it up 3 years ago so we will see its the drawbar/pickup hitch that i find odd and not sure if it will work, i havent had much chance to work on it yet, hi ben ive just noticed your in north wales aswell where abouts are you ,with hay equipment we used the 4`6 km 20 mower on the dexta and it was too much for it so we use the 35x as for the hay turners we have a lely hayzip but a pz haybob is the one to have and now is the time to buy one :D
dexta 1958
super dexta 1962
super dexta NP
super major
fordson dexta live drive