Dexta Handbrake

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Dexta Handbrake

Post by Nick »

Hi, has anyone got any pictures of your dextas handbrake, especially where the pawl slides up and down, and if possible a picture of the pawl? Im trying to repair my original handbrake, the pawl is missing, and im going to make one. I have bought a repair kit from ALP, but it means alot of mucking about, plus I want it to look original :D

How was everyones christmas?? :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

ianpdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta Handbrake

Post by ianpdexta »

Nick,
Do you mean the part in the handle or the toothed quadrant? I can photo graph and measure the quadrant part which is in my shed, the handle still on the tractor and not at home.

Christmas, good thank you, spent some time in the shed, although not working on a tractor. :)

Regards

Ian

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi Ian, glad your christmas was good! I spent a fair bit of time in my workshop over the festive period, working on the dexta. So much so, that Ive got it running and driving beautifully, all tinwork etc on it, steering, wheels etc etc done. All ive really got left to do is the handbrake, and repair the hydraulics, in which there is a stuck valve!

I do mean the little square quadrant thing that slides up and down when the button is pressed, if you could take a photo and take a couple measurements that would be amazing, and a very big help!
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

Got the picture at last, it's against 5mm squared graph paper to give an idea of dimensions, the holes are 3" apart.
Hope it helps.

Regards
Ian

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi Ian, thanks for the picture, however I do already have that bit, its the bit that engages into that on the handbrake lever itself that I need :D