front wheel hubs and bearings

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

front wheel hubs and bearings

Post by spike »

Hi all
just a quick line as a WARNING got new front wheel bearing kit from agriline uk, when i fitted them i noticed that the rear (large bearing) dust seal & the shell for the bearing was loose in the hub, the front one (small bearing) fits fine, by this time i was wet from the nice uk rain so i finished up and fitted the dust cap ( also from agriline uk ) now i find it was to small or was the hub that warn i had no idea.
i called agriline they said i need a set of new hubs so i ordered 2 new hub and studs if one is no good then other side will be same.

next day 8.30 they are on my door step, got the dust cap great it fits fine, but then i see a hole for a grease nipple, no grease nipple in box and no one said to me i need a grease nipple. i am now well p##s#d off, call them he said they don't have a grease nipple on the hub its on the hub cap, and in my ranting i told them about the bearing not fitting all that well, "no they are not for the original hubs the bearings we sell are for the new hubs from us" thank you for telling me !!!!!.

so if you need new front bearings for a dexta and you get them from agriline you will need.

new bearings
new hubs & grease nipples
new studs
and new hub cap.

sorry for the ranting ramble,
who said getting an old tractor was a good idea. still love my old blue money pit

spike

ianpdexta
True Blue

Re: front wheel hubs and bearings

Post by ianpdexta »

Thanks for the warning. It's true that they are somewhat light on important information, but we all keep using going back there!

Regards

Ian

Les bryant
True Blue

Re: front wheel hubs and bearings

Post by Les bryant »

Had no problem with Sparex bearings in New Zealand
Les.