Nose Cone

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
agroman
True Blue

Nose Cone

Post by agroman »

Just some info.
I have recently received a new metal nose cone from Agriline. Ordered it in November, just arrived! Waiting for new supply from china I would suspect.

Anyway done a dummy fit to check it and it appears to fit very well. The only fettling is the centre vertical bar between the grills needs a bit off one side to allow the now grill mounted headlights to fit. So for the cost, think it was £230 I am quite happy. Now need to get it painted!
1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Nose Cone

Post by Bensdexta »

Does it line up with the bonnet OK? That is sometimes a problem.

Look forward to some photos. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

agroman
True Blue

Post by agroman »

Looks fine. adjust on the top plates to get the gap between bonnet and nose cone about right. The bonnet is new though as the old one was a colander! Being painted now. Had to spend a bit of time making up some brackets to bolt the headlights to. As its an early Dexta, they should be on the side, but as it has a horndraulic loader fitted I decided to go all modern and fit them in the grills! I have mad up a couple of mounting plates and welded them to the front axle carrier. Hopefully they will be in the right place. I will post some pictures when it is all back together.

Leswidden
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Leswidden »

Glad you've got yours and you're pleased with it, I went to order one from the same people but was told it was going to be months till they arrived . Think I will try them again.
You're from Truro ? THE BIG SMOKE !!!

agroman
True Blue

Post by agroman »

We are near Blackwater just outside of the "Big Smoke"! Yes now might be a good time to get a nose cone from Agriline.