1959 Badges

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
agroman
True Blue

1959 Badges

Post by agroman »

I am now running out of things to do to Dexta, dare I say she is about finished (apart from an leaking rocker cover and cold start valve). Moving my attention to a few jobs on my TD5 Landrover Discovery now, that's more of a money pit than a tractor!
Got a very good quality vertical front cowl badge on line from "Tractorjackets" well impressed!
Anyway the question for you purists is should an Oct 1959 standard Dexta have any other badges on the bonnet etc? I think the early ones didn't.

1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some

Brian Cox
True Blue

Re: 1959 Badges

Post by Brian Cox »

get your orange can on the grills. don't remember any fancy badges on the early models :beer:

tvotreviow
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by tvotreviow »

if that is a 59 dexta the headlamps should be outboard not in grilles.if it has always had the headlamps in that position it must be a 61 on model and would have had the bonnet side badges

agroman
True Blue

Post by agroman »

You are quite correct about the lights. But I have a Horndraulic loader fitted so there wasn't clearance for the lights on the side, so decided to deviate and put them in the grill - not sure if this is allowable or not??!!

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Looks much better than the old Fergusthing TEx 20 'Cyclops' with the single lamp perched above the Rad to avoid being loaderized :)

Looking nice :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

agroman wrote:Got a very good quality vertical front cowl badge on line from "Tractorjackets" well impressed!
Is your Wheatsheaf badge from Tractor Jackets? I got one but the pins were wrong and I didn't reckon it would fit, so sent it back.

Repaired my original wheatsheaf instead.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

DextaJim
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by DextaJim »

Why is the Dexta that colour and not Empire Blue,? Just wondering if its for a reason or just a personal choice,

agroman
True Blue

Post by agroman »

The wheatsheaf badge came from Agriline, a thin bit of tin which I painted orange with a steadyish hand! The bolts did line up with the holes in the cowl though.

The blue is supposedly Empire Blue from Agriline, noticed that some of the bits that came ready painted, lights for example are a lighter shade. Also a spray can I had from Sparex for little spray jobs was a different shade again. Good enough for me though!

Spent the day fertilising and harrowing today before rain comes - running like the preverbial sowing machine :clap: