air filter on sims fuel pump

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

air filter on sims fuel pump

Post by spike »

Can any one tell me were i can get the gorse air filter out of the fuel pump ( uk) the tractor would not rev and stopped at just over tick over,
i have changed fuel filter (full of yuck) had to bleed air out and clean out the 3 out lets on top of pump (don't know the name)
got the gorse out of the air in take of the fuel pump (full of black gunk) washed out with petrol.

got it started and it worked for 5hr topping paddocks, got a little hot only just in red but worked great.
had a oil leak on rocker gasket not much.new one on way.

week later got it started but would not rev up at 1st after 5 mins it picked up and worked ok for my brother to have a ride round the field.

any ideas on the low revs and were i can get the air filter for the sims fuel pump

thanks
spike

anthonygos
True Blue

Re: air filter on sims fuel pump

Post by anthonygos »

The filter on the pump can be wash if its the wire mesh type, I would say you still have a fuel problem and nothing to do with the filter, blow back on the fuel pipe from the main filter to the tank with a foot pump, had this problem with a Ford 550 today, find very little fuel from the pipe, and a lot of water and muck in the tank.
Don't just leave it in the shed, Fordson's are made to work, so take it out and work it....!

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

hi you did get that it was the air filter on the pump ?
and i will try to blow out pipes, but when i bled the fuel filter it had lots of fuel out of top so i think the fuel is getting to the pump ok and good fuel at the injector end of the pipes.

thank you

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

hi its the breather for the fuel pump, now have one on the way from a man a man my brother knows in Lancashire.

still need to work out why it has no revs when i first start it

thanks

anthonygos
True Blue

Post by anthonygos »

Do you mean the filter capsule on the fuel injection pump...? take a look at this page....
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/manua ... _part3.htm
Don't just leave it in the shed, Fordson's are made to work, so take it out and work it....!

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

yep you got it, looks like the thing you put in a kettle to keep scale down.

it was full of black gunk dont know how any air got past it, it was in a few pieces so just rolled it back up as best as i could and pushed it back in.

new one on way so will fit it at weekend

let you know how things go as its paddock cutting weekend it will have a good 4/5hr work out

spike