Injector pump

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
oldcharlie
True Blue

Injector pump

Post by oldcharlie »

I am looking to buy a rebuilt injector pump for my 1963 super dextra from an out fit named Sheaf Materials handling located in Sheffield England. Do any of you know any thing about them/done business with them? It is a good sum of money to me, would like to know if they have a good reputation.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Injector pump

Post by Bensdexta »

They advertise quite a lot here in UK. I've never used them, but have no reason to suppose they are not a reputable outfit.

Can you not get your own pump repaired/serviced stateside?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

oldcharlie
True Blue

Post by oldcharlie »

Yes I can get it repaired, had no luck at finding one ready to go. But the repair people will not give you a firm price. They give you a starting price of around $550 but say it can go as high as a thousand if what ever has to be replaced. These folk advertise one rebuilt and ready to go for a fixed price.
An old man like me (76) on the old fixed income likes to know just what I am going to owe! The Super Dextra pump 4588 is hard to find here. they were only used for a short time I think and are a Ford part not a Perkins unit!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Why not get your diesel shop to give your pump the once over? It might just be dirty nozzles or something simple. Shouldn't take them more than 5 mins for a basic check.

If your pump really is FUBR'ed, then give Sheaf a go. If you pay by paypal, I'd think you'll be pretty fireproof. Looks like postage to the USA will be ~ £75. Will you have import duty to pay your side?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

oldcharlie
True Blue

Post by oldcharlie »

Shipping is $116 US . I don't know about import fees but I don't think so.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Could be just the UK but I got an item from the US and the import duty I had to pay before the item was delivered was more than the item cost. Good idea to check before you order.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

russelm
True Blue

Post by russelm »

Based on an export/import for a repair service, you should not be charged duty or can claim it back.
Mark Russell - 1959 Standard Dexta - Work In Progress!

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

hi
i have a guy that sells kits for fuel pumps that has a storage unit with me, he got me a breather filter for the simms pump from a guy that recons pumps,

the next time he is in i will ask him for the contact info.( he is in most weeks)

spike

russelm
True Blue

Post by russelm »

Bob Beck in Leamington is very good, he's overhauled a Dexta pump for me and also a number of large Leyland 680 CAV units
Mark Russell - 1959 Standard Dexta - Work In Progress!

spike
True Blue

Re: Injector pump (recon in uk)

Post by spike »

Hi
I have the contact info for recon injector pumps in uk, the guy that gave me the info also supply's sheaf and said they are a good supplier.

the other one he gave me has been going for longer (i have had a chat with this chap about lost oil pressure they do tractor pulling so know a lot about tractors)

SJ & CW Willkingson Ltd
Blundelbrook Farm
Cumeragh Lane
Preston
PR3 2JB
UK
phone 01772784330
fax 01772 785970
email enquiries@sjwilkinson.co.uk
www.sjwilkinson.co.uk

hope this helps