Radiator mounting Super Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ianpdexta
True Blue

Radiator mounting Super Dexta

Post by ianpdexta »

I removed the radiator and front nose from my super Dexta over 2 years ago and failed to take enough pictures because it 'looked easy'. Now I am trying to reaasemble it all with the newly recored radiator, I can't remember what was holding the top of the radiator at all,in fact I think it might have been just the rubber pipes. I did a search and found this useful post.

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... php?p=9967

I do have the pair of long brackets with angled ends which which fix to the thermostat housing, but I don't have either of the LH and RH brackets shown at the end of the above post.

Is the top of the radiator supported independantly of the nose? or do the brackets hold both with the same bolts?

The other relevant point is that I don't have a cowl, will the cooling be effective enough without it? It will be used for 1 1/2hrs topping.

Regards

Ian

Brian Cox
True Blue

Re: Radiator mounting Super Dexta

Post by Brian Cox »

There's a bracket at the filler cap fixed to the nosecone.
I've no cowl and topped grass often with no problems :clap:

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

:clap: just looked at the view topic, after renovation, I never refitted the small brackets and again no problems

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

Thanks Brian :clap:

So from that, am I correct in reading that your radiator is just held by the rubber pipes at the top ?

I've got the filler cap bracket, if it is just supported by pipes then at least there are two and it's a rubber mounting.

Looking forward to finally getting it back together and running. :lol:

regards

Ian

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

you are spot on Ian. Been 5 years now no probs :clap: