This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
nickd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by nickd »

Hi everyone, I have been a member of the forum for some years but this is my first post.

I have recently obtained from an older brother the Dexta that my father bought in the early to mid 60s. I don't know exactly when it was bought but do have fond memories of driving it in my early teens on the family orchard.
I also received the original owners manual with it.

I live on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria , Australia.

The tractor is a light blue Dexta with grey grill, guards and wheels. It does run but needs a lot of tlc after being parked in a shed for a number of years. The radiator is fairly bad, the nose cone has rust across the bottom (from the leaking radiator) and there is some rust in the mudguards.

When I work out how, I will post some photos of its original state, and improvements that I am making.

Looking forward to obtaining lots of knowledge form the forum.

Nick

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: New Member

Post by Bensdexta »

Welcome - you'll soon have her whipped into shape. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

You will have to use photo bucket or similar then it's easy to put the link into the text of your post, it's always worth clicking 'preview' to test whether it has worked or not before submitting.

I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Regards

Ian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Welcome to the board, Ann and I have great memories of the Peninsula when we drove down it a couple of years ago. We had very nice pies at the shop near the bottom. Hard to park down there though with all the cars parked at the roadside with their boat trailers. Went to a great market there though and spent a bit of money. :buddies:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian