setting up a dexta for a fergie 2f plough

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
pbufton
True Blue

setting up a dexta for a fergie 2f plough

Post by pbufton »

Hi all!

Managed to aquire a Fergie 2 furrow plough at a vintage show back in June.
There's a ploughing match local'ish to me on 4th Oct and I'm hoping someone can advise me or post me in the direction of the correct track settings for a dexta with this plough?

It's currently got rear wheel lugs mounted on the outside of the centres for a bit more stability with the front loader.

Thanks

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: setting up a dexta for a fergie 2f plough

Post by Brian »

First thoroughly disinfect the plough with bleach before hitching to the Dexta. :cry:

The Fergy plough is not one of the best ploughs as it has little or no adjustments and the work it does is poor compared to a Ransomes so do not be too disappointed. You will need the wheels set to 54" or 56" to get the right width on the front furrow, 54" would be best but you may find, if you have 11 X 28 tyres on the rear that they foul the wings. The plough may be set to 10" furrows and this will mean that you run down a little of the flag every time and the joins will not be perfect.

If you get wheel slip, use the flow control on the lift to slow the reaction of the Draft Control. this will give a slower lift when corrections occur and help to ease you through the tougher spots without the plough lifting completely out of the ground.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

pbufton
True Blue

Re: setting up a dexta for a fergie 2f plough

Post by pbufton »

I have since posting this sold the Fergie plough. Depending on whether I'm still in the UK or not next year, will be pursuing a ransomes 2f plough and or a fergie discs to have a play with at some vintage days :)