Lets see - Implements on your Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
alang
True Blue

Lets see - Implements on your Dexta

Post by alang »

I'm not sure if this has been done before but anyway.
This is a topic where folk can post a picture of thier(a) Dexta with an implement/tool attached, to see just how many different implements will work with the Dexta. In my last post I featured a Post Rammer and Brian spoke about his Log Splitter (needed a picture Brian).
Just in case you need a reminder about posting pictures here's the link http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f=3&t=5024
If this topic does get going I'll post the Rammer later, but I'll start it off with...

DEXTA & CAMBRIDGE ROLLER
Last edited by alang on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Re: Fordson Dexta with Implement

Post by Jerry Coles »

Hi all
Here's my Dexta with a Fer%^&on Cordwood Saw. Cuts logs easily and with a length of 1" to 3' long.
The 1" thickness was Ash logs of 9" dia cutting them into 1" thick discs for plates for a wedding party. Everyone took their plates home as a souvenir!!
http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/oldtr ... 3.jpg.html
Cheers
Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: The Fordson Dexta with Implements

Post by Brian »

Dotty with potato lifter

Dotty and the Ford/Ransomes PM plough

And the latest addition.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

agroman
True Blue

Re: Lets see - Implements on your Dexta

Post by agroman »

Dexta with baler

Have also recently got a Fraser rota spreader for her and a 2 drum mower, but not had time to take any pictures yet!
1958 Dexta with loader crying out for TLC. Now getting some

alang
True Blue

Post by alang »

Now we're up and running...
Dexta & Post Knocker

PghBill
True Blue

Post by PghBill »

ARPS 728 backhoe attachment
And Ford 19-79 front loaderImage

alang
True Blue

Post by alang »

PghBill wrote:ARPS 728 backhoe attachment
Wow! That's the best Backhoe I've seen for a small tractor. The front-end loader is also an awesome looking rig.

oldcharlie
True Blue

Post by oldcharlie »

I would love to have that rig!!!!

tom lad
True Blue

Post by tom lad »

here's my arboreater 140 chipper .
usually sat on my MF 65 , but the dexta will run it , needs to be 1850 / 1900 rev , hp not the prob its weight .
pto angles better on 65 too , but dexta has run it on the last part of my fence campaign while the fergies in the workshop with backend in bits for new seals , good old dexta. :beer:
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

These are used mostly:

Firewood splitter

Rear "bucket" for carrying things (gravel, wood,stones etc.)

Forks for carrying pallets

Kvaerneland plough

Leveling track? (or how to call it?)

Harrow

Boat trailer

Trailer
Last edited by Broadspeed on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Broadspeed, Great pics,thanks for posting! :clap:

I'm interested to see you are using metal-framed IBCs (intermediate bulk container) for storing logs, I am too, guess the whole world must be! I store the loaded IBCs outside in a windy, south facing field to help the logs dry out, with plywood lids on top to keep the rain out. They can be stacked two high also, if you have a tractor with afront-end pallet fork.

I've been trying to find a rear pallet forks that can rotate so as to tip the logs out of an IBC, as getting them out by hand is tedious. So far I've not found such a device. Have you seen one or considered making one, wouldn't be so difficult, I think?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Ben, you might be able to locate and modify a "box tippler". They were all the rage for filling potato planters from boxes of seed potatoes but now the seed comes in bags. They fitted on loaders and fork lifts.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Bensdexta wrote:Broadspeed, Great pics,thanks for posting! :clap:

I'm interested to see you are using metal-framed IBCs (intermediate bulk container) for storing logs, I am too, guess the whole world must be! I store the loaded IBCs outside in a windy, south facing field to help the logs dry out, with plywood lids on top to keep the rain out. They can be stacked two high also, if you have a tractor with afront-end pallet fork.

I've been trying to find a rear pallet forks that can rotate so as to tip the logs out of an IBC, as getting them out by hand is tedious. So far I've not found such a device. Have you seen one or considered making one, wouldn't be so difficult, I think?

Yes I use those IBCs and self made wooden ones made from standard pallet. Just suitable size for Dexta without front weights :)

I have seen pallet/box rotators in a big farms, but I think that they are way too expensive for my hobby-use :D Of course You can make one by yourself.
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

What weight can you have on the pallet without unbalancing the tractor? No front weights?

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Bensdexta wrote:
What weight can you have on the pallet without unbalancing the tractor? No front weights?
I think that what You see in that picture is the maximum :lol: And I have no front weights.
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Broadspeed wrote:
Bensdexta wrote: What weight can you have on the pallet without unbalancing the tractor? No front weights?
I think that what You see in that picture is the maximum :lol: And I have no front weights.
500kg including pallet?

Broadspeed
True Blue

Post by Broadspeed »

Don't know the exact weight. Firewood in the picture is quite fresh, so there must be couple hundred kilos :)
Dexta -60
Dexta Special -64

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

i have had 628 kgs on my sd when testing the back lift, done this by placing 6inch concrete blocks in
linkbox had 26 blocks on before she would not lift , .each block weighed 27 kgs removed one block and
she lifted the 25 blocks although ithink my hyds may need a overhual, as the book says she should lift
1840lb 835kg but 628 is still agood lift, but 200 kgs off manual :beer:

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Myself and my sister on the back of a potato planter , mid 70's with the Dexta only jus visible..but unfortunately the only pic I can find of the Dexta on the farm. A great shame as now I am looking for pictures of it to put it back to 'original' I can't find any showing ht relevant parts. (front grille/ wheels, bonnet badges etc:) )

Even at that stage in its life (15-18 years old) ..it already seems to have lost its tool box. Can see a rust patch where it should be, and the hoels to mount it are still there, but I have not yet found the old box in the farm sheds....Do not want to buy a modern replacement if I can help it.

If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

alang
True Blue

Post by alang »

Looks like a nice memory, especially if you still have the tractor.
No worries getting the restoration details right, if you know what year it is. Looks like some orange on the wheels just showing through, so that takes care of the wheels and grills :twisted:. Just a case of bonnet badge or not.

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

I have a front grille verticl abadge, plus a selection of bonnet badges..but I am pretty sure that they came off of other tractors I scrapped. I have been looking at another one that is totally original..in a shed of a farmer down the road from me..he is in his 90's it is within a few hundred serial number of mine...no badges at all on it.
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

jdaley
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by jdaley »

I love the range of implements and am keen to see more I can make here in Australia
John Daley
Bendigo, Australia

basewindow
True Blue

Post by basewindow »

Finally dragged the bucket into the shed and gave it a good clean up and paint.

Still needs some work, not sure its complete as I dont quite know how I'd reach the lever for the bucket sitting on the back of the tractor.

Not even sure if I've attached it correctly as it only gets about a foot off the ground at full lift.

And of course the mower, or as we call them down here, a slasher.

62 Super Dexta.

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

Hmmm... How about doing away with your top-link altogether on that loader? Lower the linkage, and see if that curved link can be fitted to the tractor's top-link mounting? I wonder if it is meant for a Ferguson tractor, to be attached to the axle with the long hinged pin, which I see Fordsons don't have?

It would be an ideal loader for filling a cement-mixer, nice narrow scoop 8)
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

basewindow
True Blue

Post by basewindow »

I think you maybe right about being meant for a Fergie. Picked it up for a clearance sale and I seem to remember there being a TE20 there as well.

I'll try getting rid of the top link and attatching the curved link directly if possible and let you know.

Cheers,
Cam.
62 Super Dexta.