tipping pipe on a super dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
niallsdexta
True Blue

tipping pipe on a super dexta

Post by niallsdexta »

Hi All,

I have a 64 Super Dexta that I would like to put a tipping pipe onto, can you please help me with the following:

1. what size tread is the port on the flow control chest which the pipe will connect to? (I have the chest with the arm speed adjustment and the flow control points to the right looking down and the tipping point sort of looks left just behind the gear shift.)

2. do you guys just recommend a 90 bend on some hydraulic rubber pipe into a quick connector?

3. is there different types of quick connector? if so which is most common?
I don’t know what I am doing!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: tipping pipe on a super dexta

Post by Brian »

1. Can't remember the thread size but you should be able to get it from the plug you take out.
2. A Swept 45 degree would be better and you may want a bracket for the coupling. It makes life easier when hitching up.
Most couplings are pretty interchangeable if you are going for the plug-in type. A Dowty male/female set up would be the way to go if you are keeping it as original but they are old hat today.

That is the best picture I have of the couplings on Dotty.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian Cox
True Blue

Post by Brian Cox »

I went to the local Pirtek store, they made one from flexi pipe there and then :clap:

niallsdexta
True Blue

Post by niallsdexta »

will the one pipe operate as a return also when letting the trailer down?
would this also run a log splitter or would I need another return into the fuller bung for something like that?
Power top link?
I don’t know what I am doing!

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

If your implement has a single acting cylinder, i.e. one pipe and is operated from the tractor hydraulic control lever as with a trailer, then you don't need a return pipe, the oil will just go back down the same pipe. However if your implement has a double acting cylinder with it's own hand valve as with some reversible ploughs, then you will need a separate return pipe which will need an entry point to the back axle e.g. a filler plug.

Hope that clarifies

Regards

Ian

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Heres my Dexta setup with Hydraulic return feed into the rear axle filler
http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/oldtr ... 4.jpg.html
Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK