Selling my 1964 Fordson Dexta - Petrol

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
swhetsel
Not Quite Blue Yet

Selling my 1964 Fordson Dexta - Petrol

Post by swhetsel »

Title says it all, no time to restore or work on it. Time for it to move on to someone elses barn. I live near Akron , OH and the price is negotiable. Here is the link to the ad I posted. http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/5489672375.html

Looking to get $2k out of it. Major issue is the clutch seems bad. I dont know enough to say for sure but it wont move in gear. No load on the engine, just wont move. It used to, but then it slowly started only moving in 5th, then 4th, them 3rd, then 2nd, then 1st, and now not at all. Runs great, PTO still works, aux fuel tank, wet line, hydrolics are strong, 12v, petrol, front tires are shot but hold air, back tires are scared up but work for field use.

Thanks!

-Shawn
1964 Gas (Petrol) Fordson Dexta
Akron, OH USA

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Selling my 1964 Fordson Dexta - Petrol

Post by Brian »

Hi Shawn, have you sent me the engine number, serial number and as many date codes as you can find please?

If you have a clutch failed a new live clutch here in England is about £250.00 plus bearings, a standard clutch is much cheaper. It sounds like a clutch problem from what you say.

Wish there was not so much water between you and England. :cry:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

swhetsel
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Selling my 1964 Fordson Dexta - Petrol

Post by swhetsel »

Brian,

If I haven't sent it to you already, I will be sure to send it to you before I sell it. (If I sell it...) It does have the live PTO so it would be 250 for the new clutch. I just don't have the space or time to split it right now.

-Shawn
1964 Gas (Petrol) Fordson Dexta
Akron, OH USA