Starter Motor Bendix

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
bobfaecullen
True Blue

Starter Motor Bendix

Post by bobfaecullen »

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can buy a starter motor bendix gear for my Dexta, looks like it maybe broke a gear tooth and then stripped the rest, it is the original push lever to engage type starter motor.

Bob

ianpdexta
True Blue

Re: Starter Motor Bendix

Post by ianpdexta »

Hello Bob

I doubt that you could buy the pinion for your starter, you will have to replace it. There are various breakers around if you don't want a new one. Just to be pedantic, the Dexta has a manually pre engaged starter so it doesn't have a Bendix. With a Bendix, the pinion gear is engaged by screwing its self along a spiral due its inertia when the motor starts suddenly.

Hope you get sorted out.

Regards

Ian

bobfaecullen
True Blue

Post by bobfaecullen »

Hi All,

An update on the starter pinion gear (not Bendix), after much internet searching I found this http://woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=SDV31032, spoke to the company and after much measuring and e mailing back and forth we decided that this was a replacement for the original pinion gear and clutch mechanism, the part arrived today, fitted and all now working again. :clap:

Hope this is of help to anyone else who has or will suffer from the same problem.

Bob

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

bobfaecullen wrote:replacement for the original pinion gear and clutch mechanism, the part arrived today
Well you learn something everyday, your persistence reaped rewards, well done and glad it's fixed. :beer: :clap:

Regards

Ian