Front wheels, narrow type..dish style

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
npaisnel
True Blue

Front wheels, narrow type..dish style

Post by npaisnel »

I am ..still... in the process of not restoring my fathers 1959 Dexta.

I learned to drive tractors on it, an on my first crash, I stoved in the nose cone, and 40 years later I have now 'fixed ' it, these things take time :D

I have painted replacement girls blue ..for now, though dad insists they were orange from new ..despite the many debates!

But I am trying to fit the right (correct) front rims.

I have two sets of 4 inch rims.
One set has 3 round holes in them in the dish, and quite large gaps where the dish meets the rim,
the second set has 4 square 'wheel weigh noles' and narrower gaps around the edge.
Which set are correct?
Sorry about poor photo quality
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Front wheels, narrow type..dish style

Post by Bensdexta »

Dexta front wheels have 4 square wheel weight holes.
Good luck with the resto! :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Thanks

Not planning on a full restoration on this, just a tidy up of bits that are rusted out or damaged.

I have seen many that have supposedly been restored, and unless it is a full nut and bolt strip down and clean and respray, they always look worse to my mind than just left with the old paint work.

I have re pain ted the tin work, as it has been subject to much beating, welding and patching, so it needed new paint.. but the main structure has been left ...one day maybe..but want to get it mechanically sound again, with all correct parts fitted, original and repaired rather than, patent part wings, nose cones etc.

Pretty much done ...just correct good wheel sand a tool box to find now. I have a tool box here, but it looks more Fergie than Dexta, and its mounting holes do not match up with the original tool box holes,,so it can't be the right one :(
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

i just spotted these that I can probably have

no square holes..do the look like Dexta?