"Super" Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

"Super" Dexta

Post by Brian »

Some of you may remember that, at the end of last year I got the potato harvester stuck and had to be recovered with a JOHN DEERE 4wd. :yikes: :yikes: The second time it happened I left it there for the land to dry up and we recovered it with Nuffy being pulled by Henrietta after a bit of a struggle. All the ruts we left filled with water and the land got very sour so I have been trying to open it up with a plough.

I tried a few days ago but Nuffy on the three furrow Ransomes did not work as she sunk in causing more ruts and the same happened with the "New" TSR102.

Yesterday I tried Dotty with the TS1013 that I got from Nettles and Hedges Unlimited. I just wish you had all been their to see them work. Dotty has two worn rear tyres and no dif. lock but she powered through the wet, heavy land as if it were a sandy beach. Who says Fergys have the best hydraulics? Will get some pictures later today. Another story for the Dexta legend. :clap:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: "Super" Dexta

Post by oehrick »

Nice one Brian, sounds like we need to be looking out for one of those mythical Dexta sized mole drainers for you as a longer term solution :)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

Light weight, careful design wins the day.

Regards

Ian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hi Brian,

Just spotted this not a million miles from you and immediately thought of Dotty having something to get her teeth into ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ransomes-hexa ... SwFqJWp1qX
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There was one at the show but in far better condition.

You have to be a bit careful dealing with that man, most of his items are made of gold as can be seen in that case, but he has a lot of ploughs and spares. I got two skimmers and two clamps at the show, for £30.00, last year I bought two skimmers and a whole load of cultivator points for the same money.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Yes I saw the one of Mr Desborough's at the show Brian, thats why the recollection of it being so suitable for Dotty was so fresh in mind when I saw the ad :buddies: mind you, an anchor and a few fathoms of that Sandbanks ferry chain on the Super with front mtd winch behind her might also prove a decent load too :D

No knowledge of the seller other than the tons of stuff always on offer at what I think of as 'hopeful' prices, although I recognise that I fit in somewhere between bottom feeders and skip dippers in the great scheme of things......

Just got me second back tyre on this afternoon, the rim had to be red oxided as originally painted red and rusty (so only the centre looks original through its linseed oil) the other rim was just too soft and bent up to reuse. Now I have to finish joining up the mangled rusted bits of the mudguard channel - its a long while since I used TIG and I think it runs hotter using Helium rather than Argon, I may end up resorting to O/P and Sifbronze - then I'm back in the timber clearing business.

Hope the hail hent held ya up bor & best to Ann too

Rick
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure