original reg

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

original reg

Post by spike »

can any one tell me how i find or get the original reg/V5 for my dexta please

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: original reg

Post by oehrick »

Have you got the old logbook or any old tax discs Spike ? Know the registration or where registered first ?? if not you may have to settle for an age related plate unless you are lucky :eyes:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Think you will have problems Spike. The DVLA now require the serial number and the original reg. number on the same document, for example, brown log book, before re issuing an original number. They might have already allocated that number to another vehicle. You could try your local council who registered the tractor originally. I got a copy of the original entry from Norfolk when I did Nuffy. Only showed the type of tractor and the reg. number but with pictures of the tractor, number plate and serial number I got it re-issued. The DVLA would not allow me to have Henrietta's original number even though I had the brown log book with all the details.

You need to get as many numbers and casting code, preferably in pictures, a picture of the tractor and as much history as you can then I would use The Ford and Fordson Association, Pat Pawsey, or the NVTEC to check and help with the form filling.

I got mine done before the changes and closure of the local office but things flowed very smoothly when I showed them a picture of Dotty on the plough.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

thanks both
i have nothing in the way of log books or tax disc or reg plate, all i have are the numbers (casting) on the tractor.
not that i think i will use it on the road, it would have been nice to have the reg that was all.

still having problems getting the oil seal for the clutch and pto leaver

thanks again
spike