fordson major petrol tvo 1952 on ebay £5 K

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

by spike » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:37 am
one ebay

Earlier restoration to a very high standard of an original and rare petrol /tvo fordson major with V5. This tractor has also had a engine rebuild 3 years ago and runs like a swiss watch.
It is very quiet , starts instantly and drives as new. There is very little play in the drawbar and linkage suggesting that it never got used a lot.
Work that has been carried out include
replace all seals
rebuild engine
brakes
new tyres
shot blast and paint
rewire
rebuild carb
new distributor
weld and surface grind exhaust manifold
Thousands spent ,if you are looking for one of these for use, road runs ( a pleasure) showing or just adding to your collection this must be seen
Questions 07747 863382 delivery available, vat applicable

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: fordson major petrol tvo 1952 on ebay £5 K

Post by Brian »

Earlier restoration to a very high standard of an original and rare petrol /tvo fordson major with V5. This tractor has also had a engine rebuild 3 years ago and runs like a swiss watch.
It is very quiet , starts instantly and drives as new. There is very little play in the drawbar and linkage suggesting that it never got used a lot.
Work that has been carried out include
replace all seals
rebuild engine
brakes
new tyres
shot blast and paint
rewire
rebuild carb
new distributor
weld and surface grind exhaust manifold
Thousands spent ,if you are looking for one of these for use, road runs ( a pleasure) showing or just adding to your collection this must be seen

This would send alarm bells ringing as far as I would be concerned. The manifold is the weak spot on these tractors and, once it gets to a few years old is nearly impossible to weld without more cracking. If it is cracked externally it is 100% sure to be cracked internally. I was lucky when I got Henrietta a brand new manifold, still in its original wrapping paper back in 1979. It cost me £80.00 which was more than I paid for her but I know of a man locally who paid £1000.00 for a second hand one last year.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian