super dextra injector pump

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
oldcharlie
True Blue

super dextra injector pump

Post by oldcharlie »

I have been looking for a pump for my tractor and none are to be had here in the USA. I have found two in the UK. One is the Forge services company and the other is Sheaf. Have any of you had dealings with these folks and what do you know about their reputation?

PghBill
True Blue

Re: super dextra injector pump

Post by PghBill »

Charley,
Ouch! Getting into the pricey parts.
You can get a rebuilt one in the U.S. for $1195.00 here: (http://www.brokentractor.com/ford_tract ... 20pump.asp)
Plus there is a used pneumatic one on Ebay for $450.00 right now:
( http://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Fordson-De ... E-SHIPPING)

Bill

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You might also try "Dieseltech" who posts on the "Yesterdays Tractors" board. The vacuum pump will not fit.

If you have problems with people not wanting to ship to the US send me an e-mail.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oldcharlie
True Blue

Post by oldcharlie »

Yes they are high but with exchange rate now, I can get the one from Shelf for around $800. And that includes shipping my core to them. Was just wondering about the reputation over there.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

We do have a diesel pump expert who posts on here occasionally, he might chime in. Quality is good from all reports, most will want your old pump in part exchange. There is little that wears in the pump if used correctly, that is why I advise getting it done over there by a diesel shop.

I cannot remember what you said your pump problem was.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian