1963 super Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
oldcharlie
True Blue

1963 super Dexta

Post by oldcharlie »

I got my injection pump and my friend put it on for me . I can't do much of anything, damn cancer has about got me. But back to tractor! I went to take it for a test run and it very quickly ran hot! Fan belt see
med loose so we tightened it but no help.
Any ideas what may be the problem. It wasn't have over heating trouble when we pulled the pump about two weeks ago.
Thanks for any help.
Old Charlie

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: 1963 super Dexta

Post by Brian »

Did you get her timed on the right mark through the pump window? There are two.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oldcharlie
True Blue

Post by oldcharlie »

We ng to didn't have time to check as it was getting to dark. will check it this morning. Thanks Brian.

oldcharlie
True Blue

Post by oldcharlie »

You nailed it as usual Brian , now that it is in time with the new injector pump she is a different tractor. She has POWER never run like this in the twelve years I have had it. Many thanks.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Glad to here all is now well Charlie, now just enjoy her. :beer:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

shawnee
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by shawnee »

Well it is like this you have to find a supplier for your parts, not a dealership for the dexta , diagnose, and repair it your self. It is a money game with our bodies and you have to also do it, also do it to yourself. You have find your own practitioner,and pay out of your pocket. It is called "vitamin c iv" research it on the internet. :arrow: :idea: