MIL loader - Super Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ianpdexta
True Blue

MIL loader - Super Dexta

Post by ianpdexta »

I have agreed to buy a front loader (MIL I beleive) which has come from a Ford 3000, with a view to fitting it to my Super Dexta. I realise that there will be some alteration to the brackets but I don't yet know where the attachment points are after extensive online searching. I have tried to follow Brian's link re the Horn draulic loader to no avail :(

Looking under the Super Dexta I can see that the engine adaptor plate extends outwards and it had some bolt holes. The existing loader front bracket has a central hole which looks like its for the starting handle, so I am guessing that a plate fits between the front of the engine and the trunion. These would make substantial fixings but they are just the engine block length apart, which doesn't seem much for the potential overhanging weight that could be in the bucket.

I am I right about these fixing points? does anyone have any information / pictures / advice for the loader brackets.

Regards

Ian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: MIL loader - Super Dexta

Post by Bensdexta »

There seem to be two variations of the MIL frame, one attaches to the back axle, the other to the front.

Suggest you contact "fordsondexta13" on ebay, who deals in all things Dexta, and is familiar with the MIL loader - a very helpful guy. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

ianpdexta
True Blue

Re: MIL loader - Super Dexta

Post by ianpdexta »

Thanks Ben, I will contact him.

Ian