3PL safe weight?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
basewindow
True Blue

3PL safe weight?

Post by basewindow »

Hi all.

Can anyone give me a guess (or what they have found through experience) on what is a 'safe' working weight for the 3PL with an implement off the ground (ie mower) with no front wheel weights over fairly level ground or slight uphill? Basically what weight can i put on the back with the lift up without the front coming off the ground type thing whilst driving around.
62 Super Dexta.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: 3PL safe weight?

Post by Bensdexta »

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/ubb/F ... 01302.html

I would say that 1000kg is pushing it from a stability point of view, with no front weights. Remember also the point about the lift weight being specified at the lower link ball ends - the further back the CG of the load you lift and the higher you lift it, the more you will de-stabilise the tractor.

My Dexta is very happy on slopes with my Slewtic topper (260kg), no front weights. So on the flat I would try 500kg, but remember it
depends on what you're lifting.

Happy New Year. :D
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

basewindow
True Blue

Post by basewindow »

Thanks Ben. Just wanting to get and idea as i havent used much on the lift apart from grader blade. Just bought 5 foot slasher and carryall and wanted an idea of safe working weights.
Thanks for that link.
Guess the slasher/mower is about 250-300 kg and the carryall, who knows once loaded!
62 Super Dexta.

sky blue
True Blue

Post by sky blue »

ihave used 6inch concret blocks weighing 27 ks each in link box
with 25 blocks in box she would lift with extra one block tractor would not lift box
with 25 blocks she would lift right up and drive around the front wheels stayed on ground
this said this was on flat ground i would say this was my tractors limit, 675kgs
they should lift 835kgs acording to fordson book :roll: