Petrol Dexta for sale

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Petrol Dexta for sale

Post by Brian »

Only 800 hrs from new, on original tyres, one careful owner, in immaculate condition.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Its in Australia! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Petrol Dexta for sale

Post by oehrick »

There there Brian, you will just have to do what some of the UK / NZ traction engine guys do and have one (or more!) in either hemisphere :D
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

scarecrow
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by scarecrow »

Hello There
Still working on the transporter beam but it keeps putting the electrickery off in the house
but we could give it a try do you have a postcode for the dexta

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Brilliant scarecrow, keep on with the development, the tractor movement is just ready for something that gets the next treasure from seller to workshop without 'er indoors seeing it in transit :clap:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

ford5000y
True Blue

Post by ford5000y »

Mr. Dye,

May we extend our heartfelt sympathy for you for being unable to buy it, as we discovered that the tears shed by your emoticons has reached Australia...

williamFSM
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by williamFSM »

Where can I get a decent starter for my Dexta Petrol? I bought one from Yesterday's Tractors a couple years ago, it has given me nothing but problems. I have had it apart several times repairing the brush holder and replaced the brushes and now the commutator has shorted out. When I contacted them, they couldn't look up my order history and I can't find that starter on their website. Any ideas????

MikesDexta
True Blue

Post by MikesDexta »

I bought a repro some years back and it sounds like a bag of spanners compared to some original ones I've heard, so when I'd saved my pocket money I bit the bullet and had my original Lucas reconditioned by MAES. It cost £225 but what a job they did, very impressive. They do exchanges for around £195 incl postage. https://www.maes-group.co.uk/unit-reconditioning/
1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed