No oil pressure

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bchaney
True Blue

No oil pressure

Post by Bchaney »

Hey guys. I rebuild my super dexta engine last summer because it was blowing oil out of the oil stick and vent tube. I ran it for a couple month fine. It's been sitting for a few month and I decided to go for a ride and I noticed that I didn't have oil pressure and oil is coming out on the dip stick hole but not the vent. Any ideas of what the trouble my be? I hope not another rebuild.

Bchaney
True Blue

Re: No oil pressure

Post by Bchaney »

i check the oil and it was very high, so i decided to check the water in the radiator and it was fine. I decided to drain some of the oil and it came out like water. I'm guessing it is diesel. i tried to smell it but it just smelled like burnt oil to me. It has been seating on a flat on the left side for 3 months and i don't know if somehow that made the fuel leak into the oil.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The two places that would be suspect are:

The manifold heater if it does not have a tap on it or the tap was left open.

Injection pump to timing case seal in pump.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bchaney
True Blue

Post by Bchaney »

Thanks. The manifold heater does leak a little. I guess leaking a little for a couple months and being at that angle due to a flat could be the issue. At lease I hope that's all it is.