Gasket between valve assembly and lift top cover.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Gasket between valve assembly and lift top cover.

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Guys, I'm really sticking my neck out here, did anyone ever think of making a copy of the gasket that goes between the valve assembly unit and lift top cover? I also recall that some time back there was discussion on whether this gasket was necessary at all but can't remember what the result of the discussion was. I know it is possible to cut one out from a tracing with difficulty. As Mr Cox(I think that was his name) stated back then that he was able to get one from a business in the US which is a very long way from me. If there is someone out there who has a copy I would greatly appreciate a copy. O even better a source in the UK. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Re: Gasket between valve assembly and lift top cover.

Post by Tubal Cain »

Gaskets are available on E-bay and from various firms dealing in tractor spares.

On a personal note, I fail to see why a gasket is required if all the 'O' rings are in good condition. I wait to stand corrected.

Gerald

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Thanks Gerald, I have since noticed that, one is available from Agriline. I do recall that point about the 'o' rings been sufficient. When I originally removed the valve assembly those years back, there was no gasket. So that basically answers my question. As you say Gerald let us see if there are other opinions.
Thanks again for your input.

Mervyn.

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

I have an external services gasket here if that is what you need?
I can email a copy if needed.
Derek.
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Good day Derek, Gee! I'm so sorry I did not get back to you earlier, I have just seen your copy of the gasket in question. I would love a copy of the gasket, is it possible to PM it to me please. Not quite sure how the PM works anymore I have not done it for years. I'm also need to check to see if my email which has not changed is still on my profile.
Thanks a million Derek.

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Sent you a PM - let me know if you can't see it!
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Derek, thanks again for sending me a copy of the external services gasket. I printed a copy this morning(our time) and cut it out ready to size. I need to remove the external services unit from the lift top tomorrow hopefully to check it out. If it is the correct size I will trace it out on some gasket paper and fit.
Mervyn