hydraulics exhurst filter

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

hydraulics exhurst filter

Post by spike »

hi all
Not been on for some time.
can any one tell me how to change the exhurst filter in the back axle for the hydraulics, that is if it needs to be changed.
back end oil looks like chicken soup thick chicken soup.
a guy i know said he thinks on the furggy (sorry wash my mouth out) there is a filter, i have found a post on here 2012 from koenr and brian told him what the two things were intake and exhurst filters.

i am not thinking of spliting it but there is a round plate in the side can you get to it from there to change the filter ? and can you buy the filter (agline may be) and any tips or do`s or dont i may need to know

thank you
spike

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Re: hydraulics exhurst filter

Post by kiwiland dexta »

From the manual the top has to come off. you will need to replace the oil - chicken soup suggests a high water component in the oil!
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

thank you, was not planing to remove top i will change oil any way , just need to wash it out with oil and parifin mix 1st

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Spike, I would really recommend you change that filter if you have some assistance, it is a paper filter and if I recall mine it was wrecked. The other filter has a steel mesh and is easy to clean if you can manage to get it off. I found that you had to unbolt the pump slightly so as to slip the second filter off, it has an "o" ring on the section that slips into the pump under the spline coupling.

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

i know i have to do it but if i take the top off i then have to fix the draft leaver that will not go down and i bet you guys will say and as you have the top off you realy should look at ???? and change ???? so a little job of changing the oil in axle turns in to a overhall and all the time the grass is growing and my little blue tractor is in lots of bits and pieces.