over size king pin bush

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
spike
True Blue

over size king pin bush

Post by spike »

hi do you know if you can get over size bush for the king pins.
i took pin out to find 3 bushes, bottom bush ok top bush gone only 2/3 of it left and a bush that came out with a rag i pulled though.

the hole at top was oval and to big for the new top bush so i put the bottom new bush in as if fitted well, but inside hole was to big for the top of the king pin ( better then before), i did try to push the bush that fell out into the bush at top but was to tight then for the pin so taped it out.

so can you get over size on the inside to take up the play.
or any othe surgestions are always welcome

regards
spike

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Re: over size king pin bush

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Spike, what if you took that assembly off and take it to your local engineers, I'm sure they would be able to do a weld fill and then rebore to accept your new bush. I'm aware that there is a lip inside to prevent the bush slipping further than it should, but that can be dealt with by the engineers. there are some very good guys out there. Failing that visit your breakers and buy a good used assembly. Keeping in mind that there is a difference between the left and right assembly. That is what I would consider if I was in your situation, good luck.

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

thank you, i have an old guy not far from me and i found out he has about 10 dexta`s from full restore to doner tractors, so i may go see him see what he has.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

spike wrote:i have an old guy not far from me ....
Like tractors, the Oldies are the best!
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Spike, unfortunately I don't have an "Old Guy" up the road from me, but have you been able to find a replacement assembly yet. You have to be very careful when you refer to these "Old Guys" you may be referring to someone your own age. :lol: :wink:

spike
True Blue

Post by spike »

sorry to any old guys.
was not well for a few weeks so have not had chance to speak with brian (old guy up road) will let you know how i get on

thanks
a feeling old guy (spike)