Dexta Battery Clamp

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ianpdexta
True Blue

Dexta Battery Clamp

Post by ianpdexta »

I am struggling to understand the correct battery fixing method, I have found several for sale similar to this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-Dexta ... rmvSB=true

It looks as if it needs studs to hold it down, there are no matching holes in the battery shelf. I have found holes in the plates at the side much higher up nearer to the top of the battery. I also found this picture which may be the answer, is this the correct stud arrangement? also these look to be welded on since they are holding up by them selves.
http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s ... 3.jpg.html

I will buy the clamp and make the studs up if this is right. My battery is an HB335 from Halfords, I believe this is the correct size for the Dexta.

Any guidance on this will be much appreciated

Regards

Ian

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Re: Dexta Battery Clamp

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Ian, what tractor do you have? If it is the Dexta then the bracket you see on eBay should be the one. If you study the Photoshop picture you will notice two pegs on the plate between the fuel tank and engine. The bracket advertised on eBay fits over those pegs and you should be able to figure out what is required on the on the opposite side. If you have the Super Dexta you will notice a different narrow bracket. Some years ago Gerald(Tubal Cain) sent me a drawing with measurements to make a bracket up, which I still have not done. He might be kind enough to copy you the drawing if he still has it. I will see tomorrow if I can find my copy. Good luck.

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

I should have said, mine is a Super Dexta, I am surprised that there are these differences between Dexta and Super, I thought they were basically the same except the super was bored out bigger. I have already ordered the blue frame as shown on ebay. As you say the dividing plate between the rocker cover and battery is shorter in height, it has two holes which look as if they might take a stud with a hook.

Proving the clamp plate I have ordered is the right size for the battery I will make the studs up somehow. A copy of the drawing would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help Mervyn

Regards
Ian

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Ian,

Okay I found my copy of the battery carrier which dates back to 22 March 2007. Now how do I get a copy to you? I can try and PM you but I will need to refresh myself on how to do a PM. In the mean time I will scan my copy ready to forward to you. It was Gerald who drew up the sketch and Oscar loaded it onto the forum. Hopefully one of them can possible help by reloading the drawing.

Regards
Mervyn

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Ian

I have sent you a copy of the Dexta Battery Carrier via your personal email you PM me earlier, I hope it is sufficient for your needs.

Mervyn.

ianpdexta
True Blue

Post by ianpdexta »

Thanks Mervyn,

I will post the pictures on here when I catch up with my jobs, been working away for a few days and all last weekend at a steam rally. happy days! :)

Regards

Ian