Viewing Pictures

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
MikesDexta
True Blue

Viewing Pictures

Post by MikesDexta »

Not sure if this has been raised before as I'm a newbie but I cannot see Photobucket pictures others have posted. I get a box with a error message stating the account needs uodating?
1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed

blackbob
True Blue

Re: Viewing Pictures

Post by blackbob »

Where have you been? :D Yes PB has decided it wants to charge some users a fee to use its services, so far I myself seem to have escaped their attention, although my 'storage is only 4% full' so I'm only a small fry?

There are, meantime, free alternatives - this is my first attempt at using Imgur, let's see if this works?

http://imgur.com/a/yALsR

Ah, so it doesn't, well not really.
After about 15mins of battle with Photobucket, we have this:

Ohhh... sorry everyone, the Imgur link didn't work the first time I posted the message, but it has now, and you have two 3000's...

What about this then? (using Imgur)

I needed to resize it to 800 wide, but looks ok?

'So...can you show us something better than a Dexta?' I hear you ask. Er, well how about this? :lol:

So there you have it. A little self-indulgent Sunday-evening experimenting with image posting. Hope this is of interest!
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

MikesDexta
True Blue

Post by MikesDexta »

Thanks this helps me when posting my own pictures but it is making it frustratingly difficult following restoration tips and advice. Is there nothing that can be done as it means most pictures on this forum can't be displayed. cheers Mike
1959 Dexta

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

I have downloaded all my photographs that I have on to Postimage.org and am gradually replacing all my images on all my posts. I have noticed that there are a few other members doing the same but to be honest this could be quite a task for members who have been posting since the forum began. I am not against having to pay for a service but have been meaning to move from photo##cket for a while due to the length of time it took to download and resize photos especially with all the pop ups. Postimage is so easy to use and when downloading you resize your images at the same time and no pop ups which is great. Im afraid that photo##cket decision to charge users will have affected the majority of posts on the forum with images attached.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Charlie,
Nice to have you back again. Thank you for the heads up on Postimage.org. I will look them up and see if I can post some of my images. You right it is such a chore when you are looking for a photograph and then to be faced with Photo##cket no entry sign. :( .
Mervyn.

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Hi Mervyn,
Hopefully the info will be of some help and and all is well with you. I have all my images backed up on a memory stick as well. Ive just sat for the last 3 hours since I had some time on my hands today and replaced all the images on my posts. One click and the images are copied as well, so easy and not having to cope with all the pop ups either.As I said I think it would be nearly an impossible task for some of the members to be able to do this as I didnt have too many images to have to change. Images are so helpfull when you are trying to explain something as well.

bhayden
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by bhayden »

Appears they want everyone who posts a picture to a Forum to upgrade to their P500 plan for only $399 USD/year. Good luck with that smucks! So, even if I were to upgrade (not a chance) I still wouldn't be able to view pictures uploaded by someone else who hadn't paid the ransom. I'm guessing the $399 will money down the tube when the company kicks the bucket. Best hope is someone buys the company for it's user base.

Struggling to survive
A visit to Photobucket’s Blake Street headquarters in downtown Denver last week showed a shell of the company it once was

I've been using Flickr for years with good results. They are part of/owned by Yahoo.

MikesDexta
True Blue

Post by MikesDexta »

Took advice to use Flickr and it works really well
1959 Dexta