Dexta out working

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
basewindow
True Blue

Dexta out working

Post by basewindow »

Got the Super Dexta out for some work on the weekend.

Nothing too hard, just slashing the grass on 6 acres.

All went well until i was going down a steep decline and she decided to conk out. Fuel in the tank was low and obviously it was just enough on the decline to push the fuel to the front of the tank and get air in the lines. More fuel and quick bleed of the lines solved the problem.

Lesson. Check fuel tank and keep it full.

Otherwise shes running and working well at age 55.

62 Super Dexta.

bhayden
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Dexta out working

Post by bhayden »

Looks like she just came back from a trip to the beauty parlor! :clap:

basewindow
True Blue

Post by basewindow »

Well I have to admit that was the BEFORE shot. Got her out the evening before so i could start early in the morning. After wasn't so pretty....
62 Super Dexta.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

What is the weather like there now? We were staying in Toura, Lakes Entrance and on Phillip Island in October and it was still cold. Had warmed up a bit by the time we got to Robinvale in December, 35 degrees on one day!

Did you get to the 100 Year Celebrations at Deniliquin?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

basewindow
True Blue

Post by basewindow »

Weather is starting to warm up, but having said that it was only 22 today and rain. 36 on the 2nd day of the ashes test in melbourne was quite warm.

No Brian i totally missed it. Was on the forum a few weeks ago and saw your posts and pics and thought 'How did i miss this?'

Would have loved to go, although the wife would have been bored out of her mind in half an hour. Bit like me shopping for shoes with her.

Finally hot my orginal bonnet (not in the photo) pretty much ready to fit. Someone in the dim past has welded the two halves together. Just need some handles now, though it will fit fine without them.

I have been busy restoring a few old stationary engines, Lister CS and Bamford SD, which has been keeping me busy and probably why i missed the Fordson show. Been a busy last few months.

Hope you're well.
62 Super Dexta.