Petrol engine in Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dromonedog
Not Quite Blue Yet

Petrol engine in Dexta

Post by dromonedog »

Wondering who supplies parts for the Petrol Standard engine in the Fordson Dexta. Will parts interchange with some of the petrol Fergusons ?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Petrol engine in Dexta

Post by Brian »

Most of the engine parts are the same as the FE35/TE20/MF135. The parts where you will run into problems are the starter ring gear, the flywheel is much larger than the Fergy ones and even bigger than the diesel Dexta. I had to get one from Canada for mine and I then picked another up in Australia. The radiator is different from the Dexta with closer tubes/fins and the rad. cowl is larger too ( bigger fan). The rest of the tractor is standard Dexta parts.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Hi Brian, Are you still downunda or back in the UK again and soldering / ploughing hard to catch up ??

Either way, happy New Year
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

dromonedog
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by dromonedog »

Brian,
Thanks for the info

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I am back in England in wet and cold Norfolk Rick, and it is hard. :roll: :roll: :roll: Straight onto the soldering iron and have completed two orders since 1/1/2018. After nearly four months away the motivation is taking a while to kick in. :D :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

OK Brian - sorry about the thread hijack but I know you don't PM and I'm still trying to seperate my data (amongst which are my email contacts etc) from the remains of the previous laptops HDD, laptop hardware obviously had elements of both TVR and Lucas in its heritage, first the igniting of components allowing the smoke to exit, then all goes black.........

Glad you are both back safe and sound, some time later in the year I'd like to eyeball you with laptop in hand so I can see what you expect me to see in the mods screens and you can see what I currently get :scratchhead:

Another subzero night, and weekend if we're lucky, I love winter :run:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes