exhust spitting oil out after using digger

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
sky blue
True Blue

exhust spitting oil out after using digger

Post by sky blue »

was using the mc connel back actor/hoe for about 3hrs and afterwards it starting spitting oil out the spout
after taking digger off got her back into other work and this has cleared up compleatly ,
my question is am i running the tractor at wrong reves or doing some thing eles wrong,
or do they all do this when using a a backactor/hoe

MikesDexta
True Blue

Re: exhust spitting oil out after using digger

Post by MikesDexta »

Mine started spitting oil out of every orifice including the dip stick! it turned out to be worn piston rings and valves so I had the engine overhauled. Ironically after I spent a small fortune having it done it started spitting again but only out of the exhaust. I've since found out that this is common on an overhauled old diesel engine and it needs to be worked hard under load either plough or topper. It could be that the few hours you've ran it at low revs may have glazed the bores and oil has got past? Try working it hard and see if it solves it.

cheers

Mike
1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed

sky blue
True Blue

Re: exhust spitting oil out after using digger

Post by sky blue »

Thanks mikesdexta for reply ,yep this is what is happening , had her rebuilt
about 10 years ago no bother only when useing backhoe clears up after a bit of work
question i would like to know is does happen to all back hoe users or is it just the dexta
does this happen to the modern backhoe tractors like kabota or such, and does it matter what
reves / i should be useing running tractor when useing backhoe , its abit of a pain when
i need to hook up digger an know this will happen :cry:

++