dexta locks up

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ClintBar
Not Quite Blue Yet

dexta locks up

Post by ClintBar »

HI,

i had a problem a couple of weekends ago with my dexta, when the back wheels locked up and the engine stalled going down a bank. engine would not start while in gear, i put her into neutral and rolled forward, engine would start in neutral, but as soon as i put her into gear, she was tight, after gettin a tow back 5/6 miles, i just wondering how to get her back on the low loader, i slipped her into gear and of she went. felt a bit of "fool!
drained the gear box oil when i got home, cant find nothing at all out of place, since used the tractor for a day lugging fire wood and hasnt happened again. but iv just got this doubt in my mind that it will, as anyone ever had this problem before? or can throuw any light on the problem?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... hp?p=16964
Online Video Studio

Thanks!

skipdow
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: dexta locks up

Post by skipdow »

I have not ad that problem myself but if it moves in neutral but not in gear then the issue is likely in the transmission or diff. Coasting down hill changes which surface the gears are meshing at... possibly its worn enough that a tooth jammed somewhere tho I expect if that happened it would be loud and destructive. The other thing is maybe the brakes wedged tight and locked on?? Tho it wouldn't roll at all then , neutral or not....
You could try duplicating the situation it happened and see if you get the same result otherwise just continue using it