Position control linkage adjustment

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Nick
True Blue

Position control linkage adjustment

Post by Nick »

Having now re-assembled the hydraulic top and linkages etc, I have a question. I followed the manual (the free download one) and I am not sure how much the spring needs to be compressed on the position control arm?

The reason I am asking is, when the lift arms are in the lowest position, the linkage is pushing the main control valve in by at least 1/4 of an inch, and the quadrant will not move to its highest position because it's like its pushing the control valve too far? (Hope I am making sense)

It is almost like I have not done the position control spring up enough

Obviously the lift is not on the tractor, its upside down on my bench :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Nick
True Blue

Re: Position control linkage adjustment

Post by Nick »

Ok, so I have now found the adjustment page in the manual (missed reading that the first time) I have set all the linkages up as per manual, but I had to guess the position of the lift arms as I haven't got the tool to fix them in place.

Anyone else done this?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Nick, do your self a favour and order Mike Perry's DVD ON "TRACTOR HYDRAULICS" Volume One. It explains it the settings very well and also not using the required tool. Its a pity you are not closer to me I have a spare copy of the DVD. If you are prepared to wait my daughter and husband will be returning to the UK around the 22nd September 2018?

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi Mervyn,

Thanks for the reply, for a second I thought I was writing in invisible ink :lol:

I will have a look online and order it up, thanks for the offer of the Dvd, but ideally I need to have it back together in the next few days.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

No problem Nick, best of luck getting it all together.
Regards Mervyn.

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Just thought I would post to say I finally got the hydraulic top back on yesterday...............and it now all works perfectly. The arms haven't dropped at all in 24 hours either which is ideal! Onto the front axle refurbishment now lol