Oil in water

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
skipdow
Not Quite Blue Yet

Oil in water

Post by skipdow »

I seem to have a problem(sorta) with my petrol dexta. I'm getting some oil in my water BUT no water in my oil. The second part confuses me.Seeing water in my oil and oil in my water in my experience usually points to a blown head gasket. Having only one of these symptoms, can it mean something different? My second & more concerning problem is if its a head gasket where can I get one(I live in Canada) I have found lots of diesel head gaskets but no listings Online or off for a dexta. I know it had a lot of similarities to that other tractor make(not going to say in present company :roll: ) but don't remember what engine or if that gasket needs any modification to work on dextas. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Corey
BTW it seems to still run great with no lack of power or blowby and definitely no squeaks in the water pump (since its so well oiled) :wink:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Corey,

Many thanks for the numbers in your other post.

I would suspect a head gasket if you have water in the oil but it should not be too serious. The gaskets are the same on the petrol MF35 and the TEA 20 Fergusson. As far as we can tell it is the blck itself that is different, certainly all the manifolds, water pump and distributor are the same.

The head will come off very easily. I changed the head and manifold on my TE20 in around 4 hours and she has a loader on and of course, the tank is above the engine.

Have a go and keep us updated.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Blues Power
Not Quite Blue Yet

87mm Standard Engine Gaskets

Post by Blues Power »

These guys have complete gasket sets for the 87mm.
http://cheaptractorparts.com/store//product6751.html
'62 Petrol Dexta