DRAFT CONTROL SPRING,BUSH AND SWIVEL QUESTION

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
DextaRab
Not Quite Blue Yet

DRAFT CONTROL SPRING,BUSH AND SWIVEL QUESTION

Post by DextaRab »

I have a new draft control spring,bush and swivel for my dexta but i have a couple of questions - The reason being, all of the draft control fittings were not present when i removed my lift cover (i can only assume these were removed by a previous owner/cowboy)
1. Should the bush be a loose fit to slide into the swivel? (the bush i have just might fit into the swivel but would need to be pressed into it as it's very tight)
2. My draft control spring seems to butt against the bush, is this correct? OR should the spring fit inside the bush?
I purchased these from Agriline and they were listed as Dexta parts but i'm not sure if they are correct?
I have the new draft control link coming from USA as it was missing as well (nearly impossible to get this part now)

Your expertise will be very much appreciated with the above!
Thanks.

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Re: DRAFT CONTROL SPRING,BUSH AND SWIVEL QUESTION

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi Dextarab,
I believe you sent me a private message about the above issue, my apologies for not responding my knowledge of reading p.m.'s has gone rusty.
Back to the subject. I suggest you order a dvd from Tractormec, it is titled "Fundamentals of Restoration, Tractor Hydraulics volume one". Web site, www.tractormec.co.uk (Mike Perry is the author).
I had issues with my hydraulics and eventually ordered the dvd and found it extremely helpful. A pity you are so far away as I have a spare copy which you are welcome to have.
Sorry I can't help, but I'm sure someone will pop up with some assistance for you.
Regards
Mervyn